Eddie Piccard is a real ” jazz man.” But, you don’t have to be just a “jazz fan” to enjoy his music. If you appreciate the 20th Century songbook of American standards authored by the likes of George Gershwin, Hoagy Carmichael, Cole Porter and Johnny Mercer and sung by the Frank Sinatra, Louis Armstrong, Nat King Cole, Peggy Lee or played by George Shearing and Jack Teagarden you’ll like Eddie.
Eddie was influenced by the music that came out of the big band era and you can’t help but notice that Eddie was a good student … absorbing what he heard.
Today he is a living master and keeper of that songbook. All of those influences and more can be heard on this , Eddie Piccard’s latest album, recorded live at Kirkwood Community College. When Eddie, bassist David Green and drummer Jon Wilson took the stage, all the college students were in the front row seats looking on with great anticipation to see how it can be done. The rest of the audience just sat back and enjoyed a wonderful night of jazz.
- Day in and Day Out (music by Rube Bloom, lyrics by Johnny Mercer) ASCAP
- I Don’t Know Enough About You (Peggy Lee and Dave Barbour) ASCAP
- The Late Late Show (Roy Alford / Murray Berlin) ASCAP / BMI
- Stompin’ At The Savoy (Benny Goodman / Chick Webb / Edgar Sampson / Andy Razaf) ASCAP
- Little Darlin’ (Neal Hefti) ASCAP
- Come Blow Your Horn (Jimmy Van Heusen / Sammy Cahn) ASCAP
- Love For Sale (Cole Porter) ASCAP
- You Came A Long Way From St. Louis (music by John Benson Brooks, lyrics by Bob Russell) ASCAP
- Yardbird Suite (Charlie Parker) BMI
- What You Won’t Do For Love (Bobby Caldwell / Alfons Kettner) BMI
- I Found A New Baby (Jack Palmer / Spencer Williams) ASCAP
Recorded live in Ballantyne Auditorium at Kirkwood Community College, Cedar Rapids, IA on February 19th, 2004.